Hearty, easy, and perfect for the fall.
Pasta e Fagioli
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 links Tofurkey sausage
- 1 ½ T bottled minced garlic
- 1 c water
- 16 oz vegetable broth
- 1 8 oz can no-salt tomato sauce
- 1 c uncooked seashell pasta (about 4 oz)
- 1 ½ t dried oregano
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t white pepper
- 2 15-oz cans cannellini (or other white) beans
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and garlic and cook till brown. Remove from saucepan and set aside.
Add water, broth, and tomato sauce to saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta, oregano, salt, pepper, and beans; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes or until pasta is done. Add cooked sausage. Let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with red pepper if desired.
(Adapted from a Cooking Light recipe.)